Saturday, October 27, 2012

Quick Fix: Dogfish Head's 120 Minute IPA


My friend Brad and I were fortunate enough to grab a goblet of Dogfish Head's 120 Minute IPA on draft from one of my preferred local watering holes last week. If you're a bit of a beer geek like myself, you'll know that this is one of those beers that appears infrequently and sells out quickly. I'm not often an IPA drinker, as the hops tend to dominate other flavors, but this beer proves the great potential an IPA can hold. This dark amber beauty has a light aroma of citrus and a slightly foamy head. Upon sipping, the sweet flavors of honeysuckle and orange blossom contrast the tangy bite of hoppy bitterness. While the bite can be a bit intimidating, this beer is worth trying at least once, preferably with a friend. Drinking it alone can be a bit daunting with its 17% ABV, so this tasty drink makes a good excuse to invite a friend out for a beer. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment