Thursday, December 6, 2012

Quick Fix: Schloss Eggenberg Samichlaus Bier


Today's Quick Fix is Samichlaus, a beer that is only brewed one day a year, and that day happens to be today, December 6th.  I'm not sure what the reasoning is, but this beer has a reputation and a unique flavor to back it. Once known as the most alcoholic beer on earth (at 14% ABV), it's still known as one of the most peculiar and cherished beers. This doppelbock is surprisingly smooth and sweet for its alcohol content. When I say this beer is sweet, I don't just mean it's got a light malty presence. The malt and fruit flavors are over the top. Some complain about this beer being almost syrupy, but I find it quite enjoyable. Regardless, I would probably never drink a whole bottle without the aid of my partner, as I don't often enjoy getting tipsy after just one glass of beer. This is definitely one to get your hands on, if for no reason other than for the experience of it. Give it a shot, even if you find it's not quite your thing. I enjoy it thoroughly and hope you will as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment